Filter output

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well at first i thought it was tyhe filter that was making my filter output bad. now on my new aqua clear filter it still only comes out on two sides and not in a full stream. is this normal?
in the intake tube i put a sponge on the bottom to keep the junk frm getting into the filter but is that reducing the flow? i have the flow at full now and any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks

Adding the sponge in the intake will decrease it, yes. Do you have a big enough sponge to use scissors and cut an opening inside the sponge, and slip it over the outside of the intake instead? That will help with the flow. Putting it inside the intake will force the sponge to compress, giving you less flow.

isnt part of the reason to have a filter is getting the junk out of the water? why slow the flow of it down just to keep junk out of it, when its supposed to get crap in there?

just a thought...

sir_dudeguy said:
isnt part of the reason to have a filter is getting the junk out of the water? why slow the flow of it down just to keep junk out of it, when its supposed to get crap in there?

just a thought...

That is also very true........ :)

Back
Top Bottom