Filter problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have another 30 gallon i'm gonna set up but i don't know what kindof filter to get. I was gonna get an aquavlear filter but from tthe way the picture looks on the box, i don't know if it will allow me to put the hood on. The picture on the box doesn't have a hood!.

Most hoods have a cutout area in the back. Look at your hood and see if that is the case. It will either be preforated plastic, or a white flexible plastic that is easy to cut. Then you just need to make the cutout to match the filter. Aquaclear is a great filter, I used them until I got my big tank.

I bought a fluval underwater filter instead. Is that ok? Should i get a different kind?

What do you have planned for this tank? Each filter has it's benifits and downsides. An underwater filter will never leak on the floor! On the other hand, you have to get your hands wet to change the filter. The most crucial thing is that you pick the right size filter for your tank. Most of them have ratings on the package that say what size tank they are for. Overdoing it is better than underdoing it.

A word of caution on filter guidelines. A filter that says it is good for up to 34gal may not be enough for the bioload you plan on having. You need to read the gph output of the filter and calculate the cycles per hour. At least 5 cycles of tank per hour for a light bioload. 30gal would be 150 gph, if my math is correct. :lol:

rich311k said:
I have fluval 4p in my turtle tank. It does a nice job. What all have you purchased already?

Just the filter, and thats it. I have everything else already.

Back
Top Bottom