Filter pumping white cloud into the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vorquai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have just replaced the sponges in the filter and now that I've plugged the filter back in and started it it has now started to pump a white cloud into the water about every two minutes.

I thought this could be cause by the bio noods so I have taken the filter apart again and rinsed them off but it is still pumping the white substance in which it never did before?

My tank is 180 litres and the filter is a Aqua One 1050 series II if that helps :(

Please someone help out as I am worried about the health of the fish if the filter doesn't fix itself I'm not sure what else I can do.

Thank you

let it run the white cloud is air that is trapped in the new sponge , it will stop just let it run it's course .

I'm not familiar with your type power filter, but regarding filter sponges, you usually don't need to replace them until they are practically falling apart.
Every filter I own is stuffed full of Fluval / A.C. foam sponges. All I do is squeeze them out into my WC bucket, used tank water, every other week.

When ever I change a filter pad or anything in the filter I rinse it out pretty good idea running water and then tank water in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom