Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Filter question:

I'm using a fluval 106 canister filter, and sometimes it sounds a bit rattley, I'm thinking it's due to trapped air, but it's my first canister and I don't know what else might cause it... Could it be something to be concerned about or is it normal kinda noises?

Old 02-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgetromeo View Post
I'm using a fluval 106 canister filter, and sometimes it sounds a bit rattley, I'm thinking it's due to trapped air, but it's my first canister and I don't know what else might cause it... Could it be something to be concerned about or is it normal kinda noises?
I would take it apart and clean it up a bit. As far as I know the 06 models don't trap air

Old 02-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't really want to mess with it for a week or 2 unless I really have to. I changed my substrate and did huge water changes yesterday, is the impellor in danger or is it more of just a noisy inconvenience?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgetromeo View Post
I don't really want to mess with it for a week or 2 unless I really have to. I changed my substrate and did huge water changes yesterday, is the impellor in danger or is it more of just a noisy inconvenience?
You may have got sand in it
Old 02-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

You could try shaking it while it's running to release any air that may be inside. Should work.

Tags
filter, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com