Filter question:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fidgetromeo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm using a fluval 106 canister filter, and sometimes it sounds a bit rattley, I'm thinking it's due to trapped air, but it's my first canister and I don't know what else might cause it... Could it be something to be concerned about or is it normal kinda noises?

I'm using a fluval 106 canister filter, and sometimes it sounds a bit rattley, I'm thinking it's due to trapped air, but it's my first canister and I don't know what else might cause it... Could it be something to be concerned about or is it normal kinda noises?

I would take it apart and clean it up a bit. As far as I know the 06 models don't trap air

I don't really want to mess with it for a week or 2 unless I really have to. I changed my substrate and did huge water changes yesterday, is the impellor in danger or is it more of just a noisy inconvenience?

I don't really want to mess with it for a week or 2 unless I really have to. I changed my substrate and did huge water changes yesterday, is the impellor in danger or is it more of just a noisy inconvenience?

You may have got sand in it

You could try shaking it while it's running to release any air that may be inside. Should work.

Back
Top Bottom