Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have about a 60 gallon tank and currently have a fluval 304 on it I
am not happy with the clarity off the water doesn't seem to clean as
well as I like plus cleaning it is a pain spilled water more then once
I have been looking at the ODYSSEA CFS4 read some reviews that say
it's better then the 304 what kind of filter should I have I am a
beginner and while I know saltwater is very changing the filter system
of course is very important. I also bought a eqo-equilizer sub filter
x-75 http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/products.htm wondering if I wasted my
money any thoughts advcice for a newbie greenhorn :oops: [/b]

And LR or LS? if so how much..
How old is that tank? clarity of the water is it cloudy or are there particles of sand floating in the water? what is in the tank
I have not heard any thing good or bad about the eco equilizer. keep us posted..

I bought the tank used so it was a cycled tank had two damsels and a clown which he said he had for a year. changed the pump from a powerhead to a fluval 304 everybody was quite happy or so it seemed I was using the saltwater masters kit from aquarium pharmacuticules inc said my tank was balanced I took water sample to the store yesterday ph was low and Nitrate was high tried to correct it by cleaning the tank filters and some chemicals but looks like everybody dying I lost one damsel a blood shrimp a clown and mandrin boxer which never should been sold to me he was the 1st to die and a puffer I have one clown and a damsel fighting to stay alive and a chocolate star not sure how he's doing he is doing his starfish thing still.. the water does not look as clear as it was but I wouldn't say cloudy I bought a marine lab test kit at the advice of my salt store. but to me it looks like I will be going back to square one I don't know if I should drain all the water and start all over or try to get it balanced one thing for sure I am not buying any more fish till I learn more not fair to the fish or the pocket book I forgot how changing salt can be, I do how ever know it's worth it. not sure if the eco equalizer caused my problem I have to say it seems that is when things went bad in my tank. now I am hoping to learn from my mistakes and learn more about the my saltwater fish things my daughter age 9 is ready to get some goldfish..

Back
Top Bottom