filter question again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua tech i have had a ugf only in my qt tank for some time and i got a new hood and filter for christmas it is just the cheap aqua tech from the walmart

hrm.. mine is doing the same.. i was thinking maybe because my big pleco was kicking up sand cause it only did it after i added him... and I never had the problem with any of my penguins :|

oh well emperor 400 is on the way

Clean the filter and make sure it is not sucking up any air bubbles. Past that, give us more details...

took it apart and put it back together and it still sounds like every 10 seconds it spits (the gross noise some people make you know) it is a brand new filter only been running for two days

It sounds like it is getting air in the impeller - do you have a bubble wand near the filter intake, perhaps?

Check for a leak in the intake tube as well. Any type of sucking or gurgling noise is almost always because air is getting into the impeller area.

Those Aquatech filters are just Marineland Penguin filters without Bio Wheels, should be fairly reliable.

i have a bubbler that goes the length of the back of the tank so i bet that is it
is it bad to have air go in the filter

I don't think it is bad for the filter. You might be reducing the effectiveness of your filter though. And as you said it sounds disgusting. :tongue: For a bubble wand that long you probably have air coming in at both ends of the wand. Mabey you could cut it in half and have no bubbles in the middle where the filter is.

Back
Top Bottom