Filter recommendations for 20gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAddict

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I'm setting up a planted 20gallon long tank. What kind of filter should I use, or should I not use one at all? I've read that surface agitation is bad, so that'll rule out the spare bio-wheel filter I have. What about a canister filter? I have a 55W cf light and flourite for the substrate.

Thanks,

AquaAddict

I would think a canister would be your best bet to avoid surface agitation. Penn Plax has a new line of canisters out that are very reasonable. I saw them at the APPMA show in Atlanta and they look really good...might check them out. If you're looking to save a buck, and you don't mind having an internal filter, you might look at some of the internal power filters. I guess it will depend on your personal preference and what kind of fish load you intend to have. Will you be using C02 supplementation?
Logan J

Yes I intend to supplement CO2 via a DIY system. I also intend a light fishload -- like a school of neons and maybe a few SAEs.

Back
Top Bottom