filter replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its not stocked atm, it currently has 2 mollies and a plec. I'm in the process of cycling and I've lost a couple fish, plus the water is cloudy and its starting to smell slightly. I've been doing pwcs every couple of days. I'm not going to buy any more fish until cycling is complete. Or at least progressed more than it has presently.

I'm not sure if my current set up is filtering well enough or oxygenating the tank, hence looking at a 2 in 1 solution.

You've chosen some high bioload stock for that size tank (17gal) so I guess you'll need the extra filtration, just play with the spray bar when you get it and find a position that doesn't create too much turbulence.
What are your readings before and after water changes? It may be that you are not changing out enough water each time. Do you use a gravel vac to siphon the dirt from the substrate?

Just went to p@h and bought a fluvela u2. Paid more than it would be to get online but I need it asap

New filter and 50% WC done. Fish seem a lot happier and more active. I currently have 2 filters running.

OK, my tank is now crystal clear thanks to the fluval. My old filter will be kept in case I buy a smaller hospital/pregnancy/quarantine tank or similar in the future.

Back
Top Bottom