Filter system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1327

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new here I have a question I just bought a 150 gallon aquarium I am getting ready to set it up I have had aquariums for many years but nothing this big It came with a undergravel filter system which i do not like never have like them I do not like canister systems either very very limited in space I do not care for anything that hangs on the outside of the aquarium need some suggestions on what i should use for a filter system the aquarium is a 150 gallon tall on a long one so i can not reach or touch the bottom of the aquarium so one it goes in there it is in there to stay glad to meet all of you thanks in advance for the help fishman1327 or my real name is Randy

Is this going to be SW or FW? Are you opposed to getting a sump tank? This would limit the hang on back filter although you would have an overflow or two. Heaters and filter if fw you could get an ehiem or something like that. SW use live rock and filter if you want. The only reason I say ehiem or eheim whichever is because you say you dont like canister and these tech are a canister filter but they have lots of space for filter media. Reaching or touching the bottom can you stand on a ladder because at some point you will have to. For the most part you can just use a gravel vac for your gravel cleaning and water changes.

filter system

No i do not want a sump tank like you mentioned i know about using a vacumn or what i call a hydro clean to maintain the aquarium and the bottom but for your answer on the answer you gave me it will not work

You don't like canisters or sumps or hang on's is there anything left?If you change 100 % of water everyday you might not need a filter lol

haha . Well brutus is just stating the truth. There isent much else if you dont want HOB, Canisters, undergravel, or a sump in the case of SW.. you really would have to do 100% water changes or i dont know.. keep a tank full of water and nothing else.. before you go all defensive think about what your saying.. theres no real logical answer to what your asking.. you cant keep a sustainable aquarium without some type of filtration especially on a tank of that size. period.

-davE

Back
Top Bottom