Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Filter tips and proper fish

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388291261.360889.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	214070

This is my 10g tank properly cycled being filtered by fluval c3 running full power. Using bio balls that came with it and the charcoal bag too. Also being used in the tank is a UV sterilizer running during the day approx 14 hours and off at night approx 8 hours. Tank light is on from noon till about 7 or 8 pm I want to avoid algae as much possible. Is there anything I can use in my filter to make the water stay clear and healthy for my fish. I heard things like using poly/filter floss and stuff like seachim or something . All and any tips would be appreciated .

Main reason for posting is I would like to get 3 neon tetras for the tank with one bottom feeder type fish to rum around and eat waste / fallen food. Suggestions on a bottom feeder type fish like a Pleco? Minimum number of tetras?

Tank was cycled using 2 gold fish from a friends very healthy established tank

Thanks in advanced, Evan

EvanLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yes I think IMO filter floss works best. I think a group of 4-5 neons would work. You have a really good filter for your size tank. And no pleco, They get huge and are big waste producers they produce it faster than they clean it. You could even try a pair of guppies or platies. Your tank looks really nice also! If you need anything else just ask.
Welcome to AA!!

125g South American..
FishBoy185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to The Trooper
Yeah, i agree the tank does look great.

Don't add a pleco the tank simply isn't big enough long term, and as above - they do alot of pooping for a wee tank.

If you want something to eat the fallen food of the bottom i'd suggest perhaps a few corys and perhaps then your neons above. According to the app i use both fish should be ok in your tank.
The Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, fish, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com