Filter trouble among other things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butyouahoe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!

New to this site (already visited the introductions portion) but a friend of mine has me fish sitting a betta fish in an aqueon led mini bowl. Simple enough instructions but the filter just stopped working. It just makes an erratic noise that’s similar to a garbage disposal now and doesn’t filter the water.

I won’t lie, the filter doesn’t look too good/clean and I’ll happily buy her a new one if I have to, but I took out the impeller and cleaned it and still nothing. What else can I do? I don’t want her fish to die on my watch ??*♂️ Thank you for all and any help

Hi, if you gently/carefully push the impeller (no blades broken?), will it start spinning at all under power? I had a powerhead that impeller just seemed to lock up after cleaning still come good on that.

Hello, is it a hang on the back(hob) filter? If so you probably need to prime it. Gently lift intake tube(tube in water)so it doesn't siphon back out, then fill media chamber w/tank water using clean cup & gently push intake tube back down. It may take several minutes(2-3) for water to flow but noise should stop. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom