Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Filter with heater

I have Tetra-Tec PF500 for my large tank. I'm thinking about purchasing the heater that fits right into the intake housing. Anyone have critique of such merchandise?

Creamhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm honestly not a fan of Tetra-tec hardware in general. It seems cheaply made, not very long lived, and I had a heater cook a tank of fish once

Some people like those heaters, but I have heard a few complaints that they don't regulate heat as well as better brands of submersibles (like ebo jager, Visi therm), at least the smaller model tetra heater 'inserts'. They seem a bit pricy too, compared to a submersible...a visitherm stealth would be comparable since it's shatter proof. I didn't have luck finding a wattage on it either, but I didn't look very hard.

Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd have to agree. I have a tetra-tec pfc(something) that has been shelved for ~2 years now. The heating element was very unstable and broke after 6 months.
For in much wisdom [is] much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Simpte is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eater, filter, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« QT | refractometer »