Filtering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi

Okay looking to put my peacocks into their new upgraded tank. Its a 75 gallon w a current usa led 48 inch lite fixture (lite should be here in a couple of days) anyways im going to get an Aqua clear hang on filter do I really need a canister filter or can I just get away with the hang on?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the size of the AC, and how many fish your planning to keep in it. On a personal note, I always overfiltered my tanks when I was breeding Peacocks. They can produce a big bioload when mature.

It depends on the size of the AC, and how many fish your planning to keep in it. On a personal note, I always overfiltered my tanks when I was breeding Peacocks. They can produce a big bioload when mature.

Id like to keep it pretty stocked. I was also going to add a power head ,aragonite substrate to help w the ph and laced rock

My opinion is, go ahead and use a canister filter if your stocking heavy.
The 125 gal tanks I housed my breeders in, when resting them, was filtered by 2 RenaXP-3 canisters. It was HEAVILY stocked. Probably 40 mature Peacocks, and they kept it very well filtered.

My opinion is, go ahead and use a canister filter if your stocking heavy.
The 125 gal tanks I housed my breeders in, when resting them, was filtered by 2 RenaXP-3 canisters. It was HEAVILY stocked. Probably 40 mature Peacocks, and they kept it very well filtered.

Perfect thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom