Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Eheim canister

CatoeSc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For a 10g tank I would say a sunsun 602b canister is my fav choice. 10g tanks often house bettas and with the force of the flow from a HOB it was shredding my bettas fins. The 602b that I replaced it with is doing a fantastic job and the spray bar breaks up the flow so that even with the higher GPH it's not strong enough to shred a betta's tail.

Overall though I would say an eheim ecco canister filter would be my choice.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

This is a ten gallon tank/ Get some persepective

What are all you people telling someone to spend a hundred bucks plus on a messy canister filter when a Fluval C2 with a $3 Fluval pre-filter would work fine ????????????
Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1792 View Post
What are all you people telling someone to spend a hundred bucks plus on a messy canister filter when a Fluval C2 with a $3 Fluval pre-filter would work fine ????????????
Fluval C series is still inferior to Aquaclear IMO. If anything slap a big Aquaclear on there, but really, a canister IS a better filter. Much longer contact time with the media, and usually better quality construction. Plus it's a cool thing to show off to people who aren't in the hobby when they look at your tank. "And this is the filter". "Ooh, aah".
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The OP never mentioned what size tank it was for. He/she asked what people thought was the best brand of filter.
By the way, I agree with your choice for a 10g, apart from the pre-fliter sponge!!......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platiesareawesome View Post
Hello! I was just wondering what you guys think is the best brand filter. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post
Fluval C series is still inferior to Aquaclear IMO. If anything slap a big Aquaclear on there, but really, a canister IS a better filter. Much longer contact time with the media, and usually better quality construction. Plus it's a cool thing to show off to people who aren't in the hobby when they look at your tank. "And this is the filter". "Ooh, aah".
You always have an opinion ....... even when it is wrong. Others have told you that and you have been told by moderators to keep it down.

Fluval C series is better than AquaClear. I have both C3 & C4 and an AquaClear 50.

Fluval C series wins. AquaClear is fine ........ and best overall HOB ....... it just doesn't get your water crystal clear as does a Fluval C series HOB.

Of course, you are the one who told me crystal clear water is not important since the fish don't care.

Tell me, what language did the your fish tell you that ????? English, fishlanda, Spanish, French, Russian, ......... or something else?
Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

Of course, you are the one who told me crystal clear water is not important since the fish don't care.

Tell me, what language did the your fish tell you that ????? English, fishlanda, Spanish, French, Russian, ......... or something else?
It depends on where the fish was raised obviously. My betta came from taiwan so he speaks mandarin. My rainbows came from southern US so they speak hillbilly. My cardinal tetras were wild caught in columbia so they speak spanish. It really is a multilingual tank.

We suggest a "messy and expensive" canister filter because they are superior to hang on back filters. The question by the op was what we think the best brand of filter was and that opinion has been delivered regardless of what you, sprinkles, myself, or anyone else thinks is wrong.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Because the op asked an opinion. My opinion was expressed.
CatoeSc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #19

Quote:
You always have an opinion ....... even when it is wrong. Others have told you that and you have been told by moderators to keep it down.

Fluval C series is better than AquaClear. I have both C3 & C4 and an AquaClear 50.

Fluval C series wins. AquaClear is fine ........ and best overall HOB ....... it just doesn't get your water crystal clear as does a Fluval C series HOB.

Aquaclear is better just because of the media versatility. I've seen the C series. They're not good filters IMO. I don't ALWAYS have an opinion, but I often do. If you think my opinion is wrong, good for you, I probably think your opinion is wrong too. The point is, my fish aren't dead so I must be doing something right.

And no, crystal clear water is not important for fish. Water polishing is not necessary.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #20
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post

And no, crystal clear water is not important for fish. Water polishing is not necessary.
Just curious on your thoughts/experience with this. I've always thought fish live in some muddy/dirty rives but do they do better in clearer water (not floating on air but fairly good) - or is it just for us?

Tags
filter, filters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com