Filtration advice for a 40 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penthrox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I recently picked up 3 new tanks one being a 3ft tank. I have a CF1500 Aqua one canister filter but I want to use a fluval canister filter. Will a 304 be adequate or should I get a 404? The specs to my tank are in my signature below.

Thanks for any help.

For your signature:

1. Click "home" at the top
2. On the right side, under "Welcome Penthrox" you will see "update your profile". click it
3. Scroll down, and put your signature in the box labeled signature.
4. make sure when you post that the "attach signature" box is checked.

as far as your filter question, i believe that the 304 is rated for up to approx 80 gallons, so you should be perfectly fine with it considering they always say it does way more than it really should. :roll: of course this depends on what fish you plan on keeping. if you have a lot of fish (or a few very messy ones) you still may want to go with the 404.

good luck!! hopefully someone with more experience with one will chime in.

-brent

Ding dong...LOL...Here is someone with a Fluval chiming in. The fluval 304 is absolutely perfect for a 40g tank. The other benefits of the fluval is the multiple chambers for your filter media. You can load it up with whatever media you wish.

If you have no experience with canisters, you should be aware that the spray bar/output nozzles can be adjusted to increase/decrease current.

Good luck with your new tank! :D

Back
Top Bottom