Filtration issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Latitude_change

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 58g Oceanic reef ready system with sump. I have an ASM mini-G skimmer rated to 75g. I also use a filter bag with medium on the end of my down tube into the sump. I have eggcrate on the top of the aquarium, so I don't have a closed lid.

My problem is that no matter how clear the water looks, there is still "Stuff" that floats throughout the tank. I am nt sure if it is just dust and I should use a glass lid, or just stuff that the skimmer has not taken out. My skimmer works well. I need to clean the gunk out of it every couple of days, but I just feel that I shouldn't have stuff in the water. Would a canister filter help?

How old is the tank? I have an old tank and from time to time, stuff dislodges and floats around.

The tank is only 6 months old. The stuff that floats in the water really looks like dust particles as opposed to any other detritus. It lloks clear from a few feat away, but whem you look up close you can see stuff.

I'd give it some time to settle down. I do use a filter but still get some stuff floating around.

Back
Top Bottom