filtration question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
I feel like my tank doesn't have enough filtration, but my dad does. Here's the info:
*55 gal- discus, angels, kuhli loaches, rope fish, black skirt and bleeding heart tetras. (yes, my tank is very fully stocked, we're saving money for another tank so don't bring that up because I know lol)
*1 fluval 205 (it says its for up to 40 gallons but I've heard that they don't filter well enough)
*1 aquatech 10-20 gal filter.

So that would add up to 60 gallons total and I don't think that's enough for my 55 especially since its so fully stocked. Thoughts?

Cheap and easy just upgrade to the aqua tech power filter from Walmart get the 30-60 gallon one. When I had my 55 that's what I had and it worked very well. Filter cartridges are cheap also. Cheap and easy way to do it.

order an aqua clear HOB. off of Amazon. com. they work good, run along side of your other filters.

I suggest aqua clear 110 for your tank ..

when getting a filter do not look at what size tank its rated for.. look at the gallons per hour

And I'm keeping the fluval no matter what, I want to replace the aquatech if anything. If I had more money I'd buy another fluval but I can't afford it.

get a prepaid visa card ... they sell them at Walmart right next to the checkout lane .. they also sell them at chain gas stations and some grocery stores

Back
Top Bottom