Finally Got My UV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I finally got my UV from Big Als! It was a little tricky to hook up because all my filter tubes were filled with water. For future use, is there a way to clear them? Anyway, now its set up perfectly and is currently blasting away at the crap in my water. I love technology!

newhobbist said:
Have you had problems with your water before you bought it? Did UV sterilizer helped to resolve them?

No problems, I just got it because I wanted to be ready for any sort of bacteria or paracites.

Congratulations! That is something that I will probably eventually get for at least one of my tanks. To get the water out of the hoses you'd have to disconnect them from the filter then open the shutoff valves, put the ends in a bucket, and lift the intake and outflow fittings out of the water, else you'd syphon your tank, lol.

What is the maintenance on a UV going to be for you? Do you just replace the bulb every year? Six months?

TankGirl said:
Congratulations! That is something that I will probably eventually get for at least one of my tanks. To get the water out of the hoses you'd have to disconnect them from the filter then open the shutoff valves, put the ends in a bucket, and lift the intake and outflow fittings out of the water, else you'd syphon your tank, lol.

What is the maintenance on a UV going to be for you? Do you just replace the bulb every year? Six months?

I'm going to go 9 months on the bulb. Cleaning shouldn't be too bad because all the water that is going through my UV has already been well cleaned by my 304 first. No way I'm doing it every month :D

By the way, after 1 day my slightly cloudy water is now 100% clear, it looks amazing.

I'm getting one too! (on order). 8)
Fighting green water right now (with quickfilter) and loosing the battle...
The UV is said to do wonder, can't wait to hook it up!

Well they work so enjoy. Its like night and day in my tank.

Umm another one! I mean another thread on UV filters/green water.

Yes, Rudy, they do remove cloudy water. I had green water for a few weeks (many, many weeks!!!). THe guy at the lfs told me it would take a week to clear up. When I installed the UV filter the green water was gone in less than 48 hours. :D The tank was then slightly cloudy/milky for a few more days and in less that a week it became 100% clear! I love it!!!
:smilecolros:

but i dont have green water, all i have is cloudy greyish blue water, you can see in the tank, it is just couldy under the NO light

Then may be you don't need the UV sterilizer. I really don't know. Other guys in the forum may have more advise for you on that. But the UV has many other added benefits to keep your fishys healthy.

Back
Top Bottom