Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Civicman86
So I just did the math on that salt. Say a bucket is 33 bucks (cheapest I found on a quick froogle).

33x72= $2376

Yeah that is worth more than some peoples whole tanks lol (Im sure they gave you a deal since you bought 72 buckets lol).

BTW get some whole tank pics up of your big tank. That one you posted before is just a teaser. :P

http://home.insightbb.com/~civicman86/FishSig.jpg
Pics and specs coming soon...
Civicman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

nice *****

Old 12-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I normally do 100-125 gallon water changes. I am going to keep the tank full and always mixing so if ineed to do a emergency WC it will not be a issue. I also have another tank that I just purchased that is not running so it will use up the water also.
civicman you are not far off on the price. MY LFS wanted $53 a bucket. So after finding a good purchase price and shipping it, I have about $29 a bucket in it.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to jester Send a message via Yahoo to jester
what do u do for a lving crack dealer lol I want your tank for X-mas
my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Brenden,

Let me know if you are ever thinking about switching salt brands. I just bought IO stock.

I would take me about 5 months of pwc to equal what you do at one time.

Have fun,

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 03:41 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
I just hope you have FLOOD Insurance on that location. We'd have a saltwater frenzy in the storage spot if you got a flash flood or sprinklers went off or something.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would not advise stacking your buckets that high. Eventually the ones on the bottom will start to cave in under the pressure. Three gallon buckets get stacked three high only as a general rule of warehousing.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to jester Send a message via Yahoo to jester
can u take some pictures of your entire tank i would love to see what a 525 tank looks like thanks
my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Let's do the math, 1 bucket mixes 150g of water, 72 buckets make 10800 gal of SW. 300g to start, 10500g left for weekly water change. 10% water change per week, you have 350 weeks of supply. That is 6.7 years..... Holy........

OK, let's say $40/bucket, 72buckets is almost $3000..... Holy again....

If I do that, my wife will make me sleep in the garage until all salts are fininshed......
Old 12-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I go through about a bucket a week depending. so I have about 1.5 years supply. I also have a 180 gal tank I just bought so the salt will disappear pretty fast.

Tags
mixing, pic, supplies, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com