Finally New Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentCurtis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, been neglecting my tank as of late, alot of Christmas shopping and registering for next quarter classes....haven't had the money to put towards the tank. I just got my 55w bright kit from ah supply today and I have just retrofitted it to my all-glass fixture. The 55w kit will be over my 20 gallon high tank. What kind of light would this be considered? (low/medium/high or somewhere in between) I want to grow a carpet plant, like dwarf hairgrass or something to give that effect, but I'm just wanting to see what you all think is plausible with my new lighting. Thanks everyone, and happy holidays

I would think that it would be medium+ to high. With the higher efficiency of the PC, plus better reflector of the bright kit, you should be looking at 4wpg in NO equivalent.

<You should be OK with just about any plant, although you might need injected CO2 & ferts. BTW - post in the planted forum for more specific info on the plants.>

Back
Top Bottom