Finding my way from a Whisper to a scream.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultratonic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, i am happy to say that I am now the owner of a nice Aquaclear 150 but one thing that greatly disturbus me is the noise. I previously had a whisper which was okay but not great. Aqua Clear was the way to go until I pluged it in. The noise!!! What is it!?!? A terrible rattle and hum can be heard throughout my apartment. Anyone know how to quiet this beast?

If everything is put together right it could just be the filter vibrating against the lid. Make sure you arrange it so the filter doesn't rattle the lid at all.

thanks. the impellor seems to be okay. actually it seems to have grown a bit more quiet as it continues to run. Hopefully it will continue this trend.

because it's new, and has no slime coat, trapped air bubbles could be clinging to certain areas of the impeller, making it noisy.

The ONLY noise my AC's make (and I currently am running 4 on different tanks) is eiter the lid picking up vibrations (so i keep a little rock on top of it) or if the impeller has something stuck in it (usually after a water change).

:lol: The '80s references abound! I counted three in the thread title and initial post. Was the "from a whisper to a scream" one intentional, or a coincidence? /hijack

So you are in fact a Y&T fan, or was it a reference to something else I am not aware of? (The "Rock & Roll's Gonna Save the World" lyric "now's the time to raise your voices from a whisper to a scream" is what I thought you were referring to. Am I right?)

Actually the band is icicle works and the song is A whisper to a scream. I'm totally OT but here are the lyrics. (Moderators, my fish really like this song...uh...really)

love comes
down upon us and it flows like water
burning with the hope of insight
feathered books the colors of the bright elation
stolen in the sight of love

we are we are we are we're just children
finding our way around indecision
we are we are we are rather helpless
changes forever
whisper to a scream

birds fly
in the eye of the pathos daughter
spoken
at the bitter end
wasted
sacrificed for the new nirvana
night time sends the sun away

changes forever
whisper to a scream
changes forever
whisper to a scream

That's weird. I've used 4 Aquaclears and all of them have been very quiet, much more so than my Emperors. :roll: The only time mine have been loud is when the lid was vibrating, like talloulou and malkore said. If it doesn't quiet down soon, can you exchange it?

Back
Top Bottom