Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Finnex 24/7

Hello! I bought a used aquarium today that came with this light. It is not responding got he remote. The remote is throwing off a signal but the light is not picking it up. Any suggestions On how to fix?

Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

First thing I would try is a fresh battery (I know you mentioned it is sending a signal). Recently had the same issue.
If a new battery does not work, you might be out of luck. Mine had a faulty IR receiver; was sketchy from the get go; no very responsive. Since it was still under warranty the repair was free (shipped off to the company for a week or two). Not sure how they would handle it out of warranty (assuming it is). You could try contacting Finnex and see if they can do anything for you.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have one of my three that has gone bad.
It won't work with any of the other 2 remotes or power sources.
I like the light as a supplement on the 24/7 mode to stronger lighting used on a timer. But not if they don't last longer then 2 years.
Still on the fence with my other two .I hope they last...
^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fresh2o you were right on the money a fresh battery solved the issue. Next question if you can help. This light is setup on a 20 gal long, I'm gonna crack open my old pressurized c02 system again to put on the tank. I'm planning on having some swords and water wasteria. Would this light be good enough for these plants?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boring name View Post
Fresh2o you were right on the money a fresh battery solved the issue. Next question if you can help. This light is setup on a 20 gal long, I'm gonna crack open my old pressurized c02 system again to put on the tank. I'm planning on having some swords and water wasteria. Would this light be good enough for these plants?
It's easily enough light for those plants. I have an older Planted Plus (not the 24/7 model), and my plants in a 20-long go nuts. You'll want to limit the hours you run your lights, though, to limit algae. Maybe just six hours at the start, and then ramp up from there. I think you're find the water wisteria will grow like a weed, especially with CO2.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

The first one I got had the same issue. Luckily it was an Amazon exchange.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

For those plants I would either dim the lighting or reduce the photoperiod (as mentioned above). More than enough light from that fixture on that tank depth.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome thanks. If i run this light pressurized co2 and dose flourish and have the osmocote plus tabs do you think the plants will thrive/grow well? Anyt hing I'm missing?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Iím assuming you mean Seachem Flourish Comprehensive? Plants should thrive. The only other thing you might consider is adding API Leaf Zone. It supplies some nutrients that the Comprehensive does not.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #10
ZxC
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I"ll be the odd one out here and say go full bore with the light.... I love growing "easy" or "low light" plants under high light, CO2 and lots of ferts... Once you find a balance between these, algae shouldn't be too much of an issue, and you'll almost be able to watch that sword push out a new leaf in real time

But.... I would do what the others stated, start out slow and slowly ramp it up, or else you will likely end up with an algae farm.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here
ZxC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com