Finnex 24/7 Remote Control Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7076ef0c4762849993e59184b32ec3a6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

That's a nifty device. Are you running in 24/7 mode or other setting (such as max or custom)?
That device performs on/off, multi-timers, and temp shutoff...does it emulate any of the 24/7 remote functions? How is the button responsiveness with the Finnex remote (when you do use it)?

That sounds like a pain. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm running mine with a custom lighting set up. I have not used the 24/7 remote since I starting using the Flexi Plug. I love using the Flexi Plug app from my iphone though. The best part of using the app is when I only want the light on temporarily I can select different timed variables from 10 min up to 1 hour and after the selected time expires it shuts itself back off and will continue with your daily timing schedule.

Update: I heard back from Finnex and copies of my purchase receipt were requested to get the warranty process going. Shipping labels were sent. I asked what kind of turnaround time I should expect for servicing and was told that a new unit would be sent the same day.
I tried using the remote again (it's been about a week) and the behavior is the same. I can make changes but it is cumbersome at best and I don't trust what I've set; need to wait several hours to a day to see the changes.
Looks like I will be packing this up tonight and dropping it off at UPS tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be back before the weekend. In the mean time, I will move the Finnex FugeRay from the planted tank to the shrimp tank.

Yesterday I shipped off the 24/7 Finnex for servicing/replacement. In the meantime, I placed a single 23w 6500k CFL over the left side of the tank: "Half-lit"
saqRGESh.jpg

Fixture should arrive at its destination today. Hopefully the replacement will be shipped tomorrow and arrive by Friday.

Mine shows zero consistency in function between remote and fixture. I feel like the youngest child in a 1960s home having to toggle the antenna so the fam can watch leave it to beaver. Luckily the fixture does produce good results otherwise I'd throw it in the back yard and order something with a switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe we can hope one day someone will make an after market controller for it. This plus a wifi controller would be an awesome light. Only came to mind cause I ordered a a wifi wave maker for my saltwater lol.

Maybe we can hope one day someone will make an after market controller for it. This plus a wifi controller would be an awesome light. Only came to mind cause I ordered a a wifi wave maker for my saltwater lol.

I would settle for a tethered control that works.
No to the wifi. I don't want Skynet controlling my lights. :)
Any whoo...replacement fixture arrived today. Set it up and tested all of the buttons. Very crisp response. I went through all of the 24/7 time zones and there was no multiple buttons presses needed at all. Pleased with this. I contacted the vendor and also asked what the issue was with the original fixture.
Stay tuned.

Good news

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Certainly is. However, while cycling through the 24/7 timezones yesterday I believe I did not "confirm" the setting so it stayed in whatever it was last in (6 PM or 9 PM) overnight. This morning I set it to 6 AM so hopefully I will see it go through its progressions today.
My advice: contact Finnex and see if you can get this resolved. You will be without a light for about a week. But for a working fixture and remote, I think it's worth it. It will prevent this:
Z8eUmqVh.jpg

Update: Heard from Finnex and they replaced the IR sensor.
Otherwise, unit is working as it should. Although at max setting it produces more light than the other two Finnex fixtures I own, the main draw for running it on a low light, moss filled shrimp tank is the 24/7 mode; it's the perfect night light.

Back
Top Bottom