Finnex 24/7 Remote Control Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh2o

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any 25/7 owners having issues with the remote control? I'm finding that it takes multiple attempts to perform just about any action. Multiple as in 40-50 attempts. I have had this fixture for about a week. I swapped out the battery but that did not help. I checked the IR output from the remote using my cell phone camera (detects IR light as purplish white flashes). I can see faint flashes emitted from the remote through the camera. The IR receiver is positioned in front of the and within 2' of the remote control. At this point I don't know if it is the remote or the receiver.
I contacted Finnex via email last night and got an automatic response stating the the matter is being looked into.
Anyone else experiencing this? I like the light and would like to be able to use the RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just hold it really close to the infrared sensor on the side and works in a click. Doesn't work more than 2 feet away though.

Thanks for the replies. I have not heard back from Finnex yet.
I did try a suggestion from a trusted source in which consisted of unplugging and plugging the fixture several times. Unfortunately that did not work.
No other devices on nearby to cause interference.
Currently it is in 24/7 mode probably close to real time. I have yet to see it completely "off"; I'm probably sleeping at that time.
How long is the peak period? I understand it is 3-4 hours during midday but have not been home to see it.

Thanks for the replies. I have not heard back from Finnex yet.
I did try a suggestion from a trusted source in which consisted of unplugging and plugging the fixture several times. Unfortunately that did not work.
No other devices on nearby to cause interference.
Currently it is in 24/7 mode probably close to real time. I have yet to see it completely "off"; I'm probably sleeping at that time.
How long is the peak period? I understand it is 3-4 hours during midday but have not been home to see it.

It never turns completely off, as in the lights turning off. It just goes from the moonlights to dawn very slowly. I think the peak is 2-3 hours, starts somewhere around 11 or 12 for me and ends around 2 or 3.

It never turns completely off, as in the lights turning off. It just goes from the moonlights to dawn very slowly. I think the peak is 2-3 hours, starts somewhere around 11 or 12 for me and ends around 2 or 3.

So I've got a $90 night light ?
Still having issues with the remote control. After fussing with it for a few minutes, I can get it to the shut off and back on and switch to sunny, cloudy, evening. But when I go to 24/7 mode it seems the be set at the same dark tone no matter what time slot I select. There is no "flicker" confirming the 24/7 mode was engaged.
At 8 pm I set the 24/7 mode for noon. It produced a dark glow. I checked on it almost 4 hours later and it is quite bright. First time I've seen it bright in the 24/7 mode. It appears that I can adjust it. What I want to see is peak light in the 4-6 or 5-7 pm range so that I can appreciate it. Perhaps if I set it to 4 hours back (and not 8) it should get me in the range I want. But I do appreciate the subdued light in the evenings.
Still no word from the product's customer support about the reported issue. I need to contact AquaCave (eBay vendor) to see what the return policy is.

Some pics to go with the previous post.
This is what I usually see:
N9vjcTsh.jpg
This is the midday setting in 24/7 mode:
nZTwvlFh.jpg

I had to order a second remote. The first one stopped working about 3 weeks after purchase. The light sensor I believe though is not very sensitive sometimes does require a little closer than I think would be needed.

Are you clicking on the 24/7 button on the remote, selecting the time and then clicking 24/7 again to set it? if you don't do that it will just stay at that one setting without switching. But one you hit it a second time to "close" it, it goes into 24/7 mode.

I am going to contact the vendor and perhaps a second remote will help resolve this.
Yes, I am clicking 24/7 -> Hour -> 24/7 to complete the sequence. The thing is, when clicking the 24/7 button (or any button) I sometimes get an acknowledgement (blink) from the fixture.
Last night I saw the lights change from dim to bright. It was the first light transition I have seen this week. At 1 AM I set the 24/7 hour to 9 PM. It produced a bluish light. Woke up this morning and I see the same hue. I would have expected the reddish color this morning. IMO it appears to be "stuck" in a phase of the evening cycle.

Is there any power loss occurring? When ever power is interrupted to the unit it resets to the setting that was used when set. Last night when I got home was stuck at max since we had a power outage while I was out.

I heard back from customer support. The advice was to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in. It should reset to 24/7 mode at 6 AM which is the default setting. It took many, many button pushes to get it to turn off or to enter 24/7 mode. I repeated the unplug thing a couple of times but that did not help.
After several attempts I was able to get it setup in 24/7 mode with a delay of about 5 hours because it lets me see the tank with near peak lighting in the late afternoon/early evening.
I replied back to CS with my findings and the next step is to send copies of the receipt to get the warranty claim started. Oh joy.

Yea same here sometimes jus have to get closer an push one extra time

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Try having 2 fixtures on one tank.

Push the power button and 1 light turns off. Push it again and the same light turns on, but the other light turns off. Then its just a vicious cycle of rotating the light thats on.

Push the power button and 1 light turns off. Push it again and the same light turns on, but the other light turns off. Then its just a vicious cycle of rotating the light thats on.

Good grief, I bet!

I was just thinking; maybe I haven't had any problems because I use the Azoo Bluetooth plug with my 24/7 and I use their app to run/control it.
https://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_74&products_id=857

That's a nifty device. Are you running in 24/7 mode or other setting (such as max or custom)?
That device performs on/off, multi-timers, and temp shutoff...does it emulate any of the 24/7 remote functions? How is the button responsiveness with the Finnex remote (when you do use it)?

That sounds like a pain. Good to know.

I was thinking about buying 2 247 but went with the ray2 can't wait for it to come in

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom