Finnex fugeray planted +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike921

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a finnex fugeray planted + and am going to be setting up a 16 gallon, I believe 24" tall. Will this be enough lighting to grow hc and micro swords on the bottom? Or should I buy another one? Was going to stock with 5 Celebes rainbows, maybe 5 dwarf Cory's and a couple ottos. I'm worried I won't have enough light or too much light if I get another one I don't want a huge algae problem. This tank will be heavily planted with ada soil. I also have a fluval 106 with a spray bar for this tank.

If your tank is infact 24"tall than your at. Low/med light, are you sure if your measurements?

If your tank is infact 24"tall than your at. Low/med light, are you sure if your measurements?

If I were to order another finnex light what would you recommend for a combo with the planted +?

What's your ultimate goal? You want high high light/high high maintainance?

What's your ultimate goal? You want high high light/high high maintainance?

my goal is to grow and carpet with micro swords and hc I'm just worried it might not be enough light now after doing some research

Double up on finnex, consider gla dry ferts and co2!

I'm going to be using excel. Due to the fact I'm not home a lot of weekends. Will one finnex planted plus be able to grow those plants

A high light tank is nothing short of a full time job.. You could go med light with those plants and excel+ferts.. As long as you use light timers you should be fine.. If you want the full carpet pretty high tech tank??? It's go time..testing... Adjustments...algae... It's a real accomplishment..

A high light tank is nothing short of a full time job.. You could go med light with those plants and excel+ferts.. As long as you use light timers you should be fine.. If you want the full carpet pretty high tech tank??? It's go time..testing... Adjustments...algae... It's a real accomplishment..

Yea haha I'm not looking at high maintenance tank about half the tank I'm aiming to carpet half the tank the other half imma have a mix of plant stepping down toward the carpet in a semi circle pattern idk if I explained that well. I'm getting seachem ferts more then likely. I just want this to be as low tech possible to carpet those plants. Ada soil just wanted to try it never used it before. This is my first planted tank with leds as well.

I just added a finnex planted plus to my 20 tall (18"), I had a t5 no before, after adding the finnex, 2 weeks later my chain swords are spitting runners all over the place, seachem ferts and excel..

image-2999850281.jpg

That's 3 weeks ago.. I'll post a fresh one tom..

Back
Top Bottom