Finnex planted+ 24/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone with some experience with this light fixture, tell me if the 24/7 feature can maintain plant life? Or should I just set it on Max every morning and turn it off after about 8-10 hours.

I've had mine on 24/7 and the japonica, ludwigia or however it's spelled, etc all have new growth. Actually, I need to trim and plant stuff soon.

I have mine on a 55 gallon tank the plants I wanted to try and grow dwarf sag and jungle vals n hornwort

You should be fine with those plants. If your not seeing the growth you want DO NOT use max, you WILL grow algae unless you use pressurized co2 or DIY co2. Instead I'd recommend using whites on 50-70%, reds on 50-60%, greens on 40-60%, and blues on 20-30%. For the higher end of all these levels you would do this by pressing the "w" button, then white down arrow 3 times, then red arrow up 7 times, then green arrow up 6 times, and blue arrow up 3 times. After hitting the "w" button DO NOT hit any of the other max color buttons. Press on one of the "M" buttons to save the progeam. This is similar to how I run the 24/7 in my high tech 29 gallon, in a taller 55 gallon you should be fine with the %s I gave you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

do you know how long the light fixture will last

You should be fine with those plants. If your not seeing the growth you want DO NOT use max, you WILL grow algae unless you use pressurized co2 or DIY co2. Instead I'd recommend using whites on 50-70%, reds on 50-60%, greens on 40-60%, and blues on 20-30%. For the higher end of all these levels you would do this by pressing the "w" button, then white down arrow 3 times, then red arrow up 7 times, then green arrow up 6 times, and blue arrow up 3 times. After hitting the "w" button DO NOT hit any of the other max color buttons. Press on one of the "M" buttons to save the progeam. This is similar to how I run the 24/7 in my high tech 29 gallon, in a taller 55 gallon you should be fine with the %s I gave you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wrangler, how long have you had the 24/7? Any problems with it? I'm thinking about upgrading to this because I like the idea of the 24 hour progression and seeing the tank with different coloring throughout the day. My plants are not very demanding. Mostly Java fern, Java Moss, and 1 Amazon sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get it, Clyde! The non-peak colors are gorgeous. Bluish in the am hours and reddish in the pm hours. Even while the lighting is subdued, you can still see the fish/plants pretty well. The fish seem more active with less light, especially the CPDs; I've seen them swim in the upper levels. I am trying to feed them during these times.
I still have the planted+ and I am running that on the tank as well.

Get it, Clyde! The non-peak colors are gorgeous. Bluish in the am hours and reddish in the pm hours. Even while the lighting is subdued, you can still see the fish/plants pretty well. The fish seem more active with less light, especially the CPDs; I've seen them swim in the upper levels. I am trying to feed them during these times.
I still have the planted+ and I am running that on the tank as well.

OK, done! I can't get a much better endorsement than yours!

Back
Top Bottom