Finnex Planted+ 24/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Soooo many questions on how to use this light and the instructions are brief?!

I think I figured out how to set up the standard 24/7 cycle.

And how to play with the cloudy/sunny/thunderstorm and night buttons.

But the color buttons on the bottom to custom are a TOTAL mystery.

Anyone know of a tutorial or site with a detail guide for the clueless?IMG_1482859688.557290.jpg

The color buttons won't apply to the 247 cycle, they're for setting for custom spectra. I don't use the 247 cycle. Alot have abandoned it. The new one let's you fully customize every aspect of the light, party time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is my New one. Don't even get me thinking about the New New one. Lol

So far the 24/7 seems easy enough for my low tech light needs.

Why have people stopped using it? In favor of their own custom settings or to manage the photo period/Co2?

Hahahahahah don't watch the you tube video or check finnex Web site then!!! Most reoccurring gripes are never fully dark (bedroom tanks I'm guessing) 24/7 cycle only has a 4 hour full power period, 24/7 cycle causes algae?? Everything cause algae these days pffft

Hahahahahah don't watch the you tube video or check finnex Web site then!!! Most reoccurring gripes are never fully dark (bedroom tanks I'm guessing) 24/7 cycle only has a 4 hour full power period, 24/7 cycle causes algae?? Everything cause algae these days pffft

Well it isn't in my bedroom. And I'm afraid of the dark so I suspect the fish are too! Nightlight for the fishes is ok by me.

And agree about the algae. I can't look at the tank left and sideways on a Tuesday or algae erupts. [emoji13]

I have it on a 10 gallon. It's been on there for maybe a year and it's been on the 24/7 mode since day 1. It's been amazing for my project.
IMG_1242.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx. We are early risers and early to bed. So I reset it to a few hours after the actual time.

That fixture seems to produce light 20-21 out of 24 hours. In the bedroom I switched over to manual and dropped it to 10% because of a hair algae issue. I did not like the bluish or pinkish tinge while trying to sleep.
I just moved it over to a tank in the office. On the fence about leaving it in 24/7 mode or switching to manual. I also have another fixture on there on a separate timer. If I leave it in 24/7 mode, I might set it for 6 hours later so that the bright period will hit around 5-8 pm (and over lap the other light). I do like seeing the fish in subdued lighting in the late evening; they appear more comfortable.

Algae will happen. I'm overrun with snails, but I just leave them. I have a couple off assassin snails in mine to help keep them under control, but I just let them go. I need them moving my soul around anyway.

Ya know, I have a week old hatching of mystery snails and they just love that stuff. I can put them in there for a few weeks and see how they do.

I have my 24/7 on 24/7 mode, but then again I have Co2 to keep algae in check. I like the 24/7, to me it seems like full blast lights the whole day compared to some lower level lights all day/night would give you more algae?

If the snail young'uns don't make a dent I might add some Amano's. They are fun to watch and put a dent in algae.

If the snail young'uns don't make a dent I might add some Amano's. They are fun to watch and put a dent in algae.

Amanos are awesome, my favorite shrimp by far. I've had my group of 3 for 2 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom