Finnex Planted+

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowRider

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have 2 of these on my 30 gallon tank. Would this be concidered a Medium light tank?
I also have 2 more of the same Planted+ but 48" and going on my 75 gallon tank. Would this also be a medium light tank?
The 30 has no Co2 injection and the plants are doing great. I only put co2 booster and fertilizer.
As for the 75 gallon that will have a Co2 system on it. Will the light be enough if its getting Co2?

Suggestions Tips ect. :thanks:

Honestly unless it's really tall tank I would consider those high light tanks.

I have 1 48inch on my 75g and with ferts has grown about every plant I've put in there.

Without lots of glut dosing or co2 injection I see algae in your future..

Caleb

2 planted plus on my 20 tall with co2 rippin proved to be quite the algae apocalypse.. def high light. I've seen sweet 75s with a single planted plus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 planted plus on my 20 tall with co2 rippin proved to be quite the algae apocalypse.. def high light. I've seen sweet 75s with a single planted plus

I have two Finnex planted+ on my 30 gallon. No problems since the plants grew in and I got two Chinese algae eaters plus some of those pesky snails you find in the pet stores tanks. Also got some snails from a local freshwater pond near my home.
The snails breed like crazy so I just flush the big ones and not worry about it.

These are the ones from my local freshwater pond. They are the brown spiral ones. They breed a bit slower than the smaller variety from the pet store.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442876662.700561.jpg

I have two Finnex planted+ on my 30 gallon. No problems since the plants grew in and I got two Chinese algae eaters plus some of those pesky snails you find in the pet stores tanks. Also got some snails from a local freshwater pond near my home.
The snails breed like crazy so I just flush the big ones and not worry about it.

These are the ones from my local freshwater pond. They are the brown spiral ones. They breed a bit slower than the smaller variety from the pet store.View attachment 278297

How long has the tank been running?

Full tank shot?

Sweet!! Whatever you're doing, youre doing it right? You have softer water huh? Do you know your values across the board? Tds included?

I did add some plants from another freshwater pond in Danvers MA (Endicott Park). Reddish plants and some green ones plus this moss stuff that I tied to the mopani wood.

Sweet!! Whatever you're doing, youre doing it right? You have softer water huh? Do you know your values across the board? Tds included?

No. The water is hard. I have a bunch of Atlantic crushed coral in the Fluval 406.
My water from tap is inundated with phosphorous though.
I pre-mix all my water changes to get it within my desired parameters.
I mix it in this and I bet a lot of you don't have one of these.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442879262.665743.jpg

Is that a magnetic mixer? I have a water barrel.

It's a 35 gallon propylene drum from Nalgene and a magnetic stirring plate.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442879510.246657.jpg I just put the heater in it and add any chemicals or crushed coral in a nylon stocking ect to get what I want.
Then I just use a sump with a long hose attached too fill my tank after a water change.

Not at the moment. Been lazy the past two weeks. Plus I had to attend the Scottish Highland Games @ Loon mountain this weekend. Weekends are when I test everything.

I use the small Fluval edge Siphon to get in between the plants & tight places. It has very small hose and gives me time to clean the crap in the tank.
I move the wood and the sponge filter to get under them.
Usually, I do a 50% water change every 2 weeks or 75% if I skip a week.

Back
Top Bottom