Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Fish behaviour no substrate

Has anybody ever put fish in a tank with no substrate?

I today transferred some fish to a tank with no substrate, they were trying to swim through the bottom of the tank (I had paint sprayed the bottom and back the same color). They seemed to calm down eventually but I put in some of the substrate I had taken out anyway now because of it...

Anybody else had fish react very weirdly like that? It was weird because the back looked the same and they obviously knew not to swim through that..

My Fish Videos | My Fish Photos
Tim Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would say it is just the change of environment. Most fish are kept in a tank without substrate at the stores and you don't typically have one in a QT tank either and it is fine.

As long as they settled down I would say they are good.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote

behaviour, substrate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search