Fish room air pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy Sager

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need suggestions for a reliable air pump to run about 100 outlets, average depth 12"- 18" I currently have a blower capable for this but want a reliable backup. Linear pumps maybe? Please tell me what you are using and detail your use. Thanks :thanks:

Wow, 100. God bless you. What size is that tank? Sounds like you'll need a big'n. Ok, multiple tanks, I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow, 100. God bless you. What size is that tank? Sounds like you'll need a big'n. Ok, multiple tanks, I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LOL, it's for multiple tanks in a hatchery. I'm done (I think) with really large tanks for now. Too expensive these days :D

We need pics of these fish rooms/hatcheries Mr Andy! I'm so curious what a big set up looks like.

In good time. :brows: lol Right now, I only have the concrete floor poured. The building comes in 2 weeks then I get to have some fun setting it up. Already have most of the parts ordered and being delivered. :D

I have not used a linear pump that large Andy but I had a Jehmco LPH60 powering about 20 tanks. It was way too much air for that.

The linear pumps are nice and quiet though.

That's so awesome. I hope to have an actual fishroom one day. How big is the building? Is it metal like a pole barn?

The Alita AL series is a good choice. I had the AL-60 for a few years that ran great till I got rid of it. Totally silent. Just be sure to order a repair kit just in case. Pretty low power use. From what I understand the number designation is a general idea of how many outlets it'll run conservatively, but I'm willing to bet it's capable of quite a bit more, especially on small tank sponge filters that aren't using a ton of air.

Alita Linear Air Pumps

Thanks Jet & Dalto. Depending on what tanks I use, I may have upped my needs to about 125 outlets now. :facepalm: Thankfully the blower I have now ran my old hatchery which was about 400 outlets. But it's old and hasn't been used in a number of years so I want to be prepared for it's demise. I'll check out the Alita line. (y)

Thanks again

That's so awesome. I hope to have an actual fishroom one day. How big is the building? Is it metal like a pole barn?

Fish room???? This is a fish building. lol 600 sq ft of which 300 sq ft is for tanks and grow outs. Insulated and climate controlled. (y) Currently designed for 12-15 pairs of Angels but may rework the design if I need more pairs. I also have close to 1/2 acre of land to use for pools. (and this is a small hatchery for me ;) )

I know you are building a dedicated building. I was just saying I'd be happy with just a room. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom