Fish tank backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive decided to get a background for my fish tank as its looking pretty bland i cant seem to find anywhere apart from this american website and to get the image in my tank size and have it shipped to the uk is going to cost me around the £73 mark. So i was thinking finding my own image and taking it to a printing shop and having it done there only problem is im not sure wat kind of paper and if it need to be laminated would love if anyone has any suggestions or ideas as ive been planning to give my tank a proper make over

There are quite a few ways to add a background. Some less than common.

Fabric of your choice with velcro to attach.

Window film, privacy film - rice paper looks nice. You can up light the back with an LED too or try poly film like for making/wrapping gift baskets.

Depending on the size of your tank, place mat or yoga mat, washable table runner, in any color or material you like, bamboo, grass cloth, burlap, shade fabric or outdoor patio fabric etc.

Steel /aluminum, other metals used for doors and decorative purposes as an example there a so many patterns.
M-D Building Products 12 in. x 24 in. Lincane Aluminum Sheet in Brass-56012 - The Home Depot

I have a metal background I made myself from 'patina copper'.
Behind the tank it looks aquamarine and very natural with its different tones...
Many just use a colored sheet of paper or cloth as Autumnsky mentioned.
Getting paper to put an image on that is 'waterproof' maybe difficult?

I went to Tap plastics and used polyethylene sheet to make a background. Then added color using stained glass spray paint. IMG_1617.jpg

They also have colors. I have the black on other tanks.

Easy to cut to size and waterproof. Used tape to hold it on.

Back
Top Bottom