Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update, I'll be buying the 4 bulb t5 3ft fixture and I was wondering what corals I can keep? Its 39w bulbs.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just ordered my li9ght from them last week, won't be here til Monday. :-( Slooowww shipping so far. lol

But anyways. You shou;d be able to keep most corals under that light, placing higher light needy corals higher up. I intend to keep everything pretty much under mine. Even a clam. But I only have about 12 inches of water for the light to penetrate, I'm using a regular length 20g tank.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mines I think 15 not sure it's long though.. Cool, that's great! It's gonna look soo cool, what should my lighting schedule be? I have moonlights, 2 blue act., 2 14k bulbs. I'm okay with waiting for the shipping, still cycling lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I run my blues from 10am to 10pm and my whites from 11am to 9pm. I don't really have or run moonlights but thats up to you when you want to have them on. they are just for your pleasure and have nothing to do with growing anything.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got my light in but I don't know how to put the legs on lol, can anyone help me?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

You got the 4 bulb, right? The 2 bulb they just slide right in a groove. On the 4 bulb, you have screws that go through the leg to a 'nut' of sorts that slides in to the groove on the side of the fixture.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
You got the 4 bulb, right? The 2 bulb they just slide right in a groove. On the 4 bulb, you have screws that go through the leg to a 'nut' of sorts that slides in to the groove on the side of the fixture.
I have the 4 bulb but it's not sliding in very well, actually at all..
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I'm going off memory, since I can't find the legs for mine (they're hanging). There should be 4 legs, 4 metal pieces that are threaded, and 4 screws. The way I did it when I did have mine on was... Pre-assemble before putting on. Put the screw through the hole in the leg, get it started on the metal piece that slides on the fixture. make sure you leave it loose. Slide it on, tighten down.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'll try that

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com