Fishneedit??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are they reliable? I've been told they are good and i will have a mid- light coral tank ( candycane corals the highest light req atm). Just want some more reviews before I make the big purchase. Also, my tank is 3 ft long, a thirty gallon. Thanks in advance!

I love them. I have 5 of their fixtures (one 4x39w, two 4x24w, two 2x39w). I really like that they have remote ballasts and individual reflectors. I called one day to ask about exchanging something and the guy told me that they were sold out of what I wanted, but I had up to a year to exchange it with something else if I wanted. I never did, just ordered the other fixture I wanted, but the offer was very nice of them. I have two 2x24w Nova Extremes as well and actually like the fishneedit fixtures better.

What do you mean by the remote? And are they able to have Diy moonlights attached on them? Thanks a bunch I will most likely purchase from there then.

You could probably DIY a moonlight on there, they have the room if you used double sided tape. Remote ballasts as in, they aren't in the fixture. The fixture sits on the tank and the ballast can be mounted on the wall or in the stand. I think most MH fixtures are set up this way.

Oh so it has to be put together, it's not a plug and play type thing? Is there a certain adhesive they give you or bolts/ screws?

No, no.. nothing like that. It's all together. The ballast is wired inline on the cord. You have the option of mounting it somewhere, or you can just sit it on the floor. Here are some pics of mine...

This is how the ballast looks (strapped to the wall):
img_1597798_0_4562823533413f4e859690ba02a8fc3e.jpg

img_1597798_1_51c0f1371bacd4e4e020945da355b642.jpg

This is a pic I took of it in the box. You can see the ballast below the foam. If you look, you can see where there's a lot of cord on one side (going to the fixture) and a little cord on the other (going to the wall).
img_1597798_2_9495155a860a57623c6fad569d5ffde6.jpg

Thanks lol that helped more than you can imagine haha. I understand completely now. Okay so, that looks exactly how I would like it. I'm going to make the purchase after I buy my rock and will be ready for fish then coral within a month! The prices for lights went down sooo much since the last time I went shopping. The light i need is like half the price I would have bought it for lol. Thanks

I like Fishneedit. I would own a second one if they hadn't been out of stock when I set up my newest tank. They're probably the best buy for your money unless you find a hot sale on some high-end piece of equipment.

I am getting ready to purchase one because my cycle just started and I want to be prepared for after...
What corals will it be able to keep? It will be the 3ft. fixture for me. I want to be able to keep at least candycane corals and maybe acans

Since you are planning coral get the 4 bulb one. For the money they are a decent light.

That's what I thought too but I called them and if I ever want halides, the 2bulb fixture is made to connect to it. Im so confused about the whole thing its not even funny :/

I currently have a 150w halide over my 20g and am upgrading to the 4 t5 fixture from fishneedit most likely tonight or tomorrow morning I will order it.

Getting decent bulbs for a 70watt MH isn't easy about the nicest one I found was a ushio and the color isn't as nice as my phoenix 150.

I think in the fishneedit brand the T5 is better than the MH. I have a T5 4 bulb on my corner tank and really like it my friend has the 70w MH and he wants a different light because it doesn't have a fan or moon lights. I have sunpod 150 MH and love them. They have fans and 12 leds the only draw back is
3 different plugs.

I actually like more plugs because you can have them on different timers. I also bought a strip of moonlights. They look pretty good In the picture. Should I have an open top or is there something that I could or should out over it?

Open or closed will depend on the fish some fish like to jump wrasses are very good at jumping usually (wrasses come to my mind because I lost one in an overflow box). The draw back with the closed top is keeping the ph staying stable.

Back
Top Bottom