Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Saturday July 7th @ 3:20PM. A response is received from S. Lin and i quote the ENTIRE response

"I will send u replacement.

Regard

S***n" (name taken out again for anonymity )



I've replied and asked him to check the fixture before he send it out this time around and provide a tracking number as well.



Fingers crossed
__________________

__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
MMantelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,259
Good luck I hope it all works out this time. Do you have any pics of Tue tank the plants went into? I hope you liked them. Can't wait to see it.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMantelli View Post
Good luck I hope it all works out this time. Do you have any pics of Tue tank the plants went into? I hope you liked them. Can't wait to see it.
yes i do. the front you can see the aponengen. the other plants are barely noticeable from this full tank shot. The light fixture is a zoo-med dual t5ho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130712_221332.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	185978  
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
one plant isn't doing well at all. that's why i needed to upgrade the light. i think i'm going to target "feed" the plant that's dying with DIY co2
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
MMantelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,259
Wow I like it it looks very natural the aponogenton looks like its gonna have plenty of room to grow they were getting cramped in the 10. Is it one of the aponogentons or the marsilia that's not doing well? The aponogentons I've noticed really like a well balanced root tab and don't like to be planted to deep. The marsilia was going from emersed to submersed so it may die back some but shou grow back. Are you dosing any ferts or a carbon supplement?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMantelli View Post
Wow I like it it looks very natural the aponogenton looks like its gonna have plenty of room to grow they were getting cramped in the 10. Is it one of the aponogentons or the marsilia that's not doing well? The aponogentons I've noticed really like a well balanced root tab and don't like to be planted to deep. The marsilia was going from emersed to submersed so it may die back some but shou grow back. Are you dosing any ferts or a carbon supplement?
aponogentons are doing very well. one even flowered with just medium lighting. marsilia is hanging there. the ones seem melting away are the red myrios. they're not even "standing up" and too "tender". i hope they survive. my substrate is dirt tank with flourite capping off. so in terms of nutrient there should be plenty. what i don't have is carbon.
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
MMantelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,259
You don't need carbon. The myrio never really stands up straight for me either it is a very delicate soft plant and it doesn't really benifit from a dirted tank as it is a stem plant it gets almost all of its nutrients from the water column. I dose dry ferts I got the pps-pro kit and adjust my ferts almost every other week depending on how much they use weekley if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Edit: sorry I was thinking of filter carbon not co2 or suppliment. Yes the myrio will definatley benifit from some.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Saturday 7/13 @5.07PM

A response to the previous request of quality check and FEDEX tracking number was received:

Hi:
We alway check and test before we ship, it is not fun for us to resent, we will lose $25 shipping + fixture, for this price , we do not make any money at all, also FedEx won't accept any clam,pls understand we do our best to handle it, but some time is out of our control, thank you.

Regard

S***n


Am I the only one feeling there's remorse or some sort of apology in this response? what happened to costumer service? I'm in a service industry myself and whenever an error occurs, i always apologize for the inconvenience. But in this response, i feel the retailer went on the offense. Would a regular costumer service representative mention anything about "it is not fun for us to resent" or "lose $25 shipping" or "we do not make any money" in the email? Costumer service has gone to hell nowadays
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
Saturday 7/13 @5.07PM

A response to the previous request of quality check and FEDEX tracking number was received:

Hi:
We alway check and test before we ship, it is not fun for us to resent, we will lose $25 shipping + fixture, for this price , we do not make any money at all, also FedEx won't accept any clam,pls understand we do our best to handle it, but some time is out of our control, thank you.

Regard

S***n


Am I the only one feeling there's remorse or some sort of apology in this response? what happened to costumer service? I'm in a service industry myself and whenever an error occurs, i always apologize for the inconvenience. But in this response, i feel the retailer went on the offense. Would a regular costumer service representative mention anything about "it is not fun for us to resent" or "lose $25 shipping" or "we do not make any money" in the email? Costumer service has gone to hell nowadays

With the way it's worded English may not be that persons first language. When you buy more budget oriented things in this hobby the customer service is usually lacking, that doesn't mean the products are bad though. I have a Odyssea T5 going on 4.5 years and a canister filter going on 3.
From the response it looks like they're shipping you a new one for free and you get to keep the old one. If you look at it this way, it may have taken more time to get the fixture but now you got a free set of bulbs and a replacement ballast.
__________________
jefferzbooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferzbooboo View Post
With the way it's worded English may not be that persons first language. When you buy more budget oriented things in this hobby the customer service is usually lacking, that doesn't mean the products are bad though. I have a Odyssea T5 going on 4.5 years and a canister filter going on 3.
From the response it looks like they're shipping you a new one for free and you get to keep the old one. If you look at it this way, it may have taken more time to get the fixture but now you got a free set of bulbs and a replacement ballast.
yeah, i guess i'm used to how things should've been handled when it comes to costumer service and the tone that people generally use. it's just surprising that the only two exchanges that i've had so far don't contain the word "sorry" or the phrase "sorry for the inconvenience". i thought it was common sense especially if you want costumer loyalty in the long run and future referrals. i suppose i will have replacements for future mishaps. i'm patiently waiting on the FEDEX tracking number tho, sigh.....
__________________

__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.