Fission nano skimmer...or Prizm skimmer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STARFYRE

Aquarium Advice Freak
I returned my sea clone skimmer today. I picked up a coralife super skimmer to replace it. I'm afraid it may cause an overflow, and it's really big for my tank (20 gal high). I won't be using this skimmer for this tank. I'll just stick it in the closet for future use.
I've narrowed down my choices to 2. I found a fission nano skimmer. It's designed for tanks up to 30 gal, which would be a perfect size. It doesn't say that you have the option to hang it on the back. I don't have a sump for my tank. Would I still be able to use it?
The other one I found of ideal size is a Prizm. It's pricey, so I want to make sure it's worth it before I invest the money.
Anyone have experience with either of these skimmers???
Here's the link that has both items on the page: The fourth row down, 2nd one in is the prizm. The first one in the 5th row is the fission nano.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/pro...sInCategoryKey=22996&catSearchParams.offset=0

Neither. The fission skimmer is just a bubble maker and waste of money. And The prizm is just.....a poor skimmer.

Check out the aquac remora or cpr bak-pak skimmers.

I also believe the fission is made for INSIDE your aquarium...I could be wrong though. Overall the consensus is that they are junk like Marc said. Never used a prizm, but I would return the Coralife SS and get and Aqua C Remora alltogether. Excellent skimmer, mostly quiet, very efficient for the price, in my opinion.

i got sucked in by the Fission....it never worked and took up a ton of space in my 10g. I recycled the powerhead into my SW mixing bucket.

I would say AquaC or Bak Pak as well. i have the Bak Pak and I like it enough (ie it works well) but it is a little loud and rather large, fine on my 30 long but might be too tall for a 20g. I've heard nothing but good things about the AquaC, i just got a good deal on the Bak Pak on ebay.

Would the aqua c remora be a good choice for a 20 gal high as far as size?

It may be too tall..it's 17.5" tall and the minimum tank height is 12.75". I don't know how tall the 20T is...I have one but never paid that much attention to it's height.

I have an aquac remora and love it. I had a red sea prizm and it was noisy and didn't work that well. I know that the company that makes the aquac remora has come out with a smaller version for smaller tanks. I would check out www.proteinskimmer.com .

Yes the nano remora is 16" high. Dunno about the tank hight. But I am assuming around the 11-11.5" mark

Back
Top Bottom