Fitting change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyjim30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to change out the existing fitting on my faucet to one with threads so I can use a python. Can this be done? If it can, where can I find this fitting and how difficult is the change out? I'd appreciate any and all advice.

ForumRunner_20120716_180537.jpg

I've included a picture that shows (sorta) the existing fitting. What can I say, I'm no photographer.

the aereator should screw off and you should be able to use one of the adaptors that come with the python. If not a hardware should have one that will work.

If its a typical faucet the aerator will screw right out. If you use a wrench or channel lock pliers you should use a rag around the fitting so you don't scratch it. There is an adaptor that comes with the python that has threads on both sides one side screws in where the aerator was and the other end is for the python.

Thanks for the advice. I had to use a pipe wrench but it wasn't difficult at all. I've included a picture of the python while hooked up and operating.

ForumRunner_20120717_172603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom