Fixing/preventing bending gravel cleaner hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The hose on my gravel cleaner bends just above where it joins onto the solid plastic tube. Is there any way to prevent this? I had thought perhaps putting a peice of larger hose over top but think perhaps this would just *relocate* the problem1567802319264.jpg

The tubing is to thin. I'd buy a thicker tubing and put on it. If not, and if the crease has memory, cut the tubing below the crease and attach it.

This will be the second *trim job*
The tubing is the thickest I can get in that diameter unfortuntely and seems to be about the same as my Python tubing. Would trimming and then putting a *sleeve* of thicker hose over top with one side notched so that the *original* hose can *curve* but not bend, perhaps be a small improvement?

A common problem here as well with diy ones. I’ve had suggested to pick up a washing machine hose outlet support (those little u shape ones) but never tried it.

This will be the second *trim job*
The tubing is the thickest I can get in that diameter unfortuntely and seems to be about the same as my Python tubing. Would trimming and then putting a *sleeve* of thicker hose over top with one side notched so that the *original* hose can *curve* but not bend, perhaps be a small improvement?
I think that would work. As long as it's got support I don't see it not working.

Do you live in the U.S.? Ace Hardware sells thicker clear tubing. You buy it by the foot off a roll. I just got some to run 25 foot of tubing from a submersible pump to a tank. The pump was put in a 55 gal barrel to change water in the tank. The stuff is very hard to crease.

Thicker tubing should def help. I have one that looks the same as yours but never had that issue. The tube on mine seems to be pretty thick.

Back
Top Bottom