flex tubing/gurgling sound from overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

im trying to shorten the tubing from my overflow to my sump to reduce the gurgling sound. the tubing is a flex tubing with 1" fittings on each end..is it possible for me to cut of a a foot or two and put the fitting back on to the tube? i dont want to destroy the tube.. heres how the tubing looks like....
img_591930_0_87cc3568a2ee2ae644d1ef5da2105efe.jpg

Cutting the tube won't solve the problem. That looks like standard swimming pool vacuum tubing so you can buy a joiner at a pool store. Fist try to unscrew it from the end to see if that works. It won't really help with the gurgle, but just to satisfy your curiosity...

The Durso stand pipe will. Go to the link and click on the Build Your Own link.

Sounds like you need to TWEAK it then. Visit the website for details. There are TWO different reasons for still getting the noise. One is drain pipes submerged too much and Second is loops or dips in your drain line. Mostly if you have "FLEXIBLE" tubing. (Which you have I see)

Visit http://www.dursostandpipes.com/ website for more details. Click on the build your own section and scroll to the bottom for details.

yea the tubing is not submerged...and i do have dips in my drain line. thats why i was wondering if i was able to cut the tubing and shorten the length so there is no dips. but my problem is i dont know if i can cut this tube since the fitting seems like it doesnt come off?. i still want to be able to use the fitting at the end of the tubing. any ways of doing this? i havent tried to unscrew it though..ill wait till the morning.

"IF" you do cut it I'd make sure it's about in the middle and check out Joiner part that cmor1701d mentioned first.

Back
Top Bottom