Flickering box LED light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
The LED lights on the box unit have started flickering and I wondered if there is an easy solution?

The LED lights are about 2 or 3 years old. The fans are still working fine. Only the white light side are flickering, the blue light side are fine. Of course it is the white light side that I want - grrr.

The unit has a dimmer and I've found the flicker stops if I dial the dimmer back to halfway if that helps. Any ideas? I was going to pull apart the box on the weekend for a look.

sounds like a loose wire or a bad switch ,
I had a similar type of short in my fans they would cut on and off the solder was flaking off making wire move freely , it can be a fire hazard if not addressed

Good point, I never thought of that. Many thanks for the reply, I'll check out for that.

Really annoying. I had a cheap led strip light do the same thing.

I always thought the fans would be the first to go but now starting to wonder.

Turns out 6 of the 55 LED bulbs look burnt out. I swapped over the power, dimmer, etc connections and it made no difference at all :(

Will try and post pics later.

This light is one for the bin.

Pics of the unit and burnt out led. Apparently it can be replaced.

Ended up buying a quad T5 HO light. Much better on cost although I'm sure next year I will be complaining about bulb replacement.

74564-albums13177-picture69243.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture69244.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture69245.jpg

Back
Top Bottom