Float Valve + Solenoid Suggestion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, long time no post.

Need some advice. I have an RO/DI unit, but I conveniently forget to check it/shut it off when it's done, so it (often) overflows onto my basement floor. (No carpet thankfully). I'm getting really sick of either A. Watching it all the time, or B. Cleaning up the water.

Please recommend me a solution that'll automatically shut off the system when whatever container I'm putting it in is full.

I'm guessing it'll have to be a float valve and solenoid, because that's the only way I know how to shut off my system. (Shut off the water flow) The float valve, when full, will cause the solenoid to shut off the water flow.

I'm extremely busy now, so I figured I'd just ask the experts. I bought my system from MelevsReef here.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if you could recommend a good medium sized (20/30 gallon) container that'd be lovely. I tried some Rubbermaid containers, but they failed miserably.

I don't want the system to automatically top off the container, I just want it to shut off when it's full, then I'll come down to turn the system off at my leisure.

I would say you need to look at a setup like the tank of a toilet same principle. Or you can ste up a timer to interup the power. Calculate how much time / gal and just set it up to run like that.

Back
Top Bottom