Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Floor worries

Ok, I just got a 135 gallon tank but I'm starting to freak out about my floor being able to support it. I'm in the process of resealing the tank and refinishing the stand so I don't have them in the house yet. After much debate I think I'm going to have to get in the crawlspace and look where the joists are - not too excited about that (spiders!). The tank is 6 ft long and 18.5 wide - how many joists should I posistion it over to support it safely? I keep having these horrible mental images of this thing crashing through my floor or tipping over ect.

Rinzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Should be fine IMO....As long as it not in the center of the room...
Just find out which way the joists run and put it up against the wall ,running it over the joists not with them...at 6 feet long ,it should have at least 2 maybe 3 joists supporting it
Currently rebuilding
QTing is a good thing
Grow your filtration
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com