flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
ondering if i should get a wavebox or a mp40, for my 110 gallon DT with like 30 gallon sump? and how many? 1? 2?

Id go either wavebox or possibly a wp40 (not an mp40). Unless you plan on utilizing the unique features of the vortech mp10's, its not worth the hefty price imo.

The vortechs have wireless capability, master/slave profiles, can be wirelessly controlled through a tank controller, also has motor mounted on outside of tank. The jabeo wp40 has the same exact flowrate, and has several preset profiles on the controller, but its not wirelessly controllable (not yet atleast) doesnt has master/slave profiles, and looks identical to the tunze powerheads. I personally have a wp40 and i will be buying another to run with this one. Its a great powerhead and for the price it cant be beat. Sure it lacks the advanced features of the vortech, but 1) i currently cant utilize those advanced features, and 2) cant see spending $400+ on a single powerhead

Id run 2 powerheads, whether its the wp40 or mp40. Like i said, if you have the ability to utilize the vortechs advanced features, go with them. If not, look at the jabeo wp40

I mentioned the differences a few posts ago. And i guess you could say that technically the vortech mp40 is better... But it also costs about $320-$340 more than the jabeo wp40

i mean if u where to buy the best and so if i dont buy them i wont regreat not buying them.

should i get 2 mp40, 2 mp10, 2 mp20, or a combo of the two? like 1 mp49 and 1 mp20? i have a mag 24 running my return right now soo?

really depends on what type of tank you plan on keeping. if you want an sps packed tank, youll need a ton of flow, so id go with 2-mp40's. you could get away with 2 mp20's but I wouldn't even bother considering those are an older model and they don't have the wireless ecosmart controller.

Back
Top Bottom