Fluval 105

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beer9130

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was thinking of getting a fluval 105 external filter. Anyone got one? What do you think?

105 is the previous generation model. Current model is 106. How many gallons is your tank? I have a 204 (two generations old) on a 20H and love it. I would recommend a 205/206 as it's only $10 more, has a third basket and 40% better flow rate but it depends on your tank size.

I would personally go with the eheim model. I changed over from fluval and let me say you can tell the difference.

I have a 305 with no problems. Runs like a dream and is very quiet and super easy to clean. But I agree go with a 106 or 206, just a newer model.

I'm not a eheim salesman but you cannot hear the eheim whatsoever you have touch your ear up to it to even hear the slightest noise.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good about the eheim also. I've never used them though.

I love my fluval 305 and 406...
I would suggest you get one that rated for more than your tank size .. like for my 60g I use a 406-rated for 100g.. and my 305-rated for 60g will be used on a 40g... you can always reduce the flow on the fluvals

Back
Top Bottom