Fluval 203... help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sianeebaby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hiya,

I recently bought a 3 foot fish tank to replace my 2 foot tanks. all is set up and working, however i also bought cheaply a Fluval 203 filter with it and it works but i cant seem to get the right suction/vaccuum!! I did what the book says to do to release trapped air by tilting the canister but i just cant get rid of the air trapped in the intake tube!

Please can anyone help asap as i need the filter to work properly as the 2 normal filters i currently have running in it arent strong enough.

I know i should update to an 05 or 06 series but theyre sooo expensive i cant afford one right now.

THANKS!! :(

Does it have a priming handle to pump water through it? I looked up the 203 on line and it doesn't seem to have one.

No it doesnt seem to have anything, the book says to suck the water through to fill the canister etc etc but i cant! Lol

No it doesnt seem to have anything, the book says to suck the water through to fill the canister etc etc but i cant! Lol

I wouldn't either. However .. I would try submerging the hoses in the tank, then attach them to the filter without losing the water. Just make sure the hoses are held horizontally as you attached to the canister lid. May be a bit tricky, but worth a shot.

You could try using a funnel in the end of the hose to fill it up and quickly drop the end under the water before too much spills out. I would do the intake hose, then try to run the filter. If it doesnt work, do the other and try again. Once you get a siphon going it should feed itself. You will probably get a lot of microbubbles at first, but they should clear up quickly.

Make sure the valves on both of the hoses are fully open when you start the pump.

Back
Top Bottom