Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by springy14 View Post
I think Fluval it is, noise is not really a problem best price i found the fluval 305 is £75 and best price of a Eheim Pro 3 2073 is £125. So there is quite a different in price
My 305 is so quite now that I had to check it yesterday to make sure I didn't forget to plug it back in. It was noisy at first, but I've heard it's the impeller getting settled in and dealing with micro bubbles (something like that).

Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Something I'd highly recommend if you get a fluval, is to buy a couple extra impeller covers. I've broken several. I'm sure its just me, but those plastic clips that hold it in break pretty easy. That's the only thing eheim has the fluval beat on. Otherwise, i'd say they are very comparable

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Something I'd highly recommend if you get a fluval, is to buy a couple extra impeller covers. I've broken several. I'm sure its just me, but those plastic clips that hold it in break pretty easy. That's the only thing eheim has the fluval beat on. Otherwise, i'd say they are very comparable
I was wondering about that. My LFS carries spare impellers and hose, which seemed normal enough, but I was surprised to see the impeller cover.

I've pulled mine out a couple times to check it (because I'm always pulling things apart to see how they're built/work) and figured out that if you push the latch clip in a bit as you're seating the cover, it snaps in easier. When I was trying to just push the cover down until the clips snapped into place, it seemed like it didn't want to go in and I was afraid I'd break (I do that too lol).
Old 05-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I just ordered 3 after I broke 2 so I'd always have one on hand. And I know the 405 and 305 have the same impeller, so both my fluvals are covered.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks Guys been a huge help

Tags
eheim, fluval, fluval 205, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com