Fluval 206 Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted to know if it is possible to change the ribbed hose on the 206 to regular straight hose. Is it a pain to do and what size hose, accessories would I need. I don't own one yet but saw one for sale locally.....Thanks, Ian

I've seen it done and it looks easy enough, it's something I'd like to try too

Eheim have better hoses that fit most canisters. Fluval hoses is unique model, so you must buy fluval hoses... Or do some DIY.

No, you CAN buy vinyl tubing to fit over the AquaStops on Fluval canisters. I did just that on my Fluval 106, which uses the same OD/ID (outer diameter / inner diameter) as the 206. The 306/406 are larger.

Here's the tubing and the lily pipes & aquastops... The OD is 5/8" and the ID is 1/2" ... this results in it being compatible with 13mm lily pipes.
iBzqfntvQlzlo.jpg

Here's the fit over the aquastops... very hard to get on but doable. Just need to heat up a tub of water to put the ends of the hose in or use a heat gun to get the vinyl hose soft enough to force over the aquastops. But once over, it formed a tight seal.

As shown here:
iQV7YDwZCDzgT.jpg

And to the lily pipes:
ilDu43ty1Z1NO.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom