Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Fluval 25 gallon aquarium...

I was in Petco yesterday and I saw a Fluval 25 gallon kit. It was $299 and there was a matching stand for $99. I have a Fluval Spec 5 and I really like it. It is low tech planted and home to a beta, a couple ghost shrimp, and a few mystery snails. I like this tank because of the simple streamlined look. The heater and filter are not visible at all; I don't like the look of all types of equipment hanging off a tank.

Just wondering if anyone has this tank; any pros, cons, tips? I tried to look it up online, I can't find it anywhere. It's not even on Petco's website. I think it may be a feasible upgrade option for my planted tank, when I move to a house later this year. Looking to do a "mid" tech planted with a school of neon tetras or celestial danios.

Iris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I saw that today at Petco..here's more info: http://usa.hagen.com/fluval-accent-features

Rosenpetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
It is brand new, according to the salesperson. So there isn't much info on it (or reviews)
Rosenpetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fluval Accent Review

Hi Iris135 - I just ordered a Fluval Accent from Petco about 2 weeks back, set it up, had the water tested, and just added fish this past Friday (it's now Monday). This is the first aquarium I've had since I was a kid, so I'm starting fresh here. That said, here is a quick review.

The Good
- It's a good looking tank and stand and was relatively easy to put together.
- The lighting looks fantastic.
- Everything seems to work. Note that I have not yet had to drain the tank, so I'll add more on that when the time comes.

The Bad
- The filter bubbles out near the top of the tank and sends bubbles cascading onto the front glass of the tank. While this may result in keeping the glass cleaner, it distorts viewing a bit.
- One of the zebra fish (danios?) has managed to get into the filter twice over the weekend. I think he may have jumped in somehow as there is no guard over the filter above the waterline. I was able to fish him out of there, but it was quite difficult. I would love advice on how to block that opening if anyone has ideas.

That's it for now, I'll add more information as time goes by.
Marzipan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
Cover the intake with tights/pantyhose or any openings with pices of acrylic, is the filter built in?
matthew_raw is offline   Reply With Quote

25 gallon, 5 gallon, aquarium, fluval, gallon, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com