Fluval Accent Review
Hi Iris135 - I just ordered a Fluval Accent from Petco about 2 weeks back, set it up, had the water tested, and just added fish this past Friday (it's now Monday). This is the first aquarium I've had since I was a kid, so I'm starting fresh here. That said, here is a quick review.
- It's a good looking tank and stand and was relatively easy to put together.
- The lighting looks fantastic.
- Everything seems to work. Note that I have not yet had to drain the tank, so I'll add more on that when the time comes.
- The filter bubbles out near the top of the tank and sends bubbles cascading onto the front glass of the tank. While this may result in keeping the glass cleaner, it distorts viewing a bit.
- One of the zebra fish (danios?) has managed to get into the filter twice over the weekend. I think he may have jumped in somehow as there is no guard over the filter above the waterline. I was able to fish him out of there, but it was quite difficult. I would love advice on how to block that opening if anyone has ideas.
That's it for now, I'll add more information as time goes by.