Fluval 25 gallon aquarium...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iris135

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was in Petco yesterday and I saw a Fluval 25 gallon kit. It was $299 and there was a matching stand for $99. I have a Fluval Spec 5 and I really like it. It is low tech planted and home to a beta, a couple ghost shrimp, and a few mystery snails. I like this tank because of the simple streamlined look. The heater and filter are not visible at all; I don't like the look of all types of equipment hanging off a tank.

Just wondering if anyone has this tank; any pros, cons, tips? I tried to look it up online, I can't find it anywhere. It's not even on Petco's website. I think it may be a feasible upgrade option for my planted tank, when I move to a house later this year. Looking to do a "mid" tech planted with a school of neon tetras or celestial danios.

It is brand new, according to the salesperson. So there isn't much info on it (or reviews)

Fluval Accent Review

Hi Iris135 - I just ordered a Fluval Accent from Petco about 2 weeks back, set it up, had the water tested, and just added fish this past Friday (it's now Monday). This is the first aquarium I've had since I was a kid, so I'm starting fresh here. That said, here is a quick review.

The Good
- It's a good looking tank and stand and was relatively easy to put together.
- The lighting looks fantastic.
- Everything seems to work. Note that I have not yet had to drain the tank, so I'll add more on that when the time comes.

The Bad
- The filter bubbles out near the top of the tank and sends bubbles cascading onto the front glass of the tank. While this may result in keeping the glass cleaner, it distorts viewing a bit.
- One of the zebra fish (danios?) has managed to get into the filter twice over the weekend. I think he may have jumped in somehow as there is no guard over the filter above the waterline. I was able to fish him out of there, but it was quite difficult. I would love advice on how to block that opening if anyone has ideas.

That's it for now, I'll add more information as time goes by.

Cover the intake with tights/pantyhose or any openings with pices of acrylic, is the filter built in?

Back
Top Bottom