Fluval 304 Canister Filter Stopped Working...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanplaya

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cleaned my fish tank and filter last night and when I went to hook the filter up, it wouldn't work. The filter starts up (electricity), but it won't suck any water in through the intake hose. No water will flow into the filter. I filled the filter up before trying to hook up and primed it a bit, but water will not flow. Anyone have any words of wisdom on this?

I'd really prefer not to have to get another filter. :(

Make sure that the hoses are not clogged and the in-line valves are open. Check the impeller. I had a similar issue on an Eheim 2215...the hoses were clogged with gunk.

I appreciate your help. I believe I have figured it out. I believe the hoses were partially blocked, but the real problem turned out to be that the top wasn't seated properly to the base because one of the sides appears to have been cracked previously and the previous owner sprayed some form of epoxy filler or something which filled the crack and held the top in place. I opened the filter to clean it and ruined the second hand seal.

All that to say, I'm probably ordering a Fluval 406 tomorrow unless I read poor reviews and forums members steer me in another direction. I really want a canister filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I absolutely love my Fluvals. 205, 306, and 406. Wouldn't change to any other !!!

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Appreciate the opinions. I'll get the 406. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom